Current Church Information During COVOD-19
The church building may be closed, but the church is not! We continue to be active in many ways.
Information at a glance:
- The church building continues to be closed to all inside and outside groups. Most staff are working from home. Our Parish Administrator is still working, answering phones, responding to mail and emails and preparing for Sunday worship. Pastor Ginny and Deacon Cindy can also be reached by phone. Our sexton is cleaning the building on a regular basis.
- We continue to worship every Sunday online via Youtube. More information about how to connect to the live stream can be found here.
- Together in Prayer, a half hour, outdoor prayer service is being held every Tuesday evening at 6:30pm, weather permitting. Bring your own chairs or blanket, masks are required, and the church will not be available, except in case of emergency. Those who are in the high risk category are encouraged to stay home.
- Please continue to give. We know that everyone is being affected by the current circumstances in different ways. On behalf of the Finance ministry team, we are asking that those who are able, please mail your pledges, offerings and donations to the church office so that we may continue our ministries and meet our other financial obligations. Alternatively, you may utilize Simply Giving or another of our virtual giving options. They may be found on our website here: https://www.newhopelutheran.org/giving.html
- Stay connected! We are still an active congregation. There are many ways to stay connected to each other and to those in our community, nation and the world. We have regular online check-ins and Bible studies. To learn more about those opportunities, go to our eletter archive page. Interested in ways to reach out to the community? Go to our Outreach page for more information. We have more resources for families during this time of COVID time here.